by Franco Salzillo
The American social reformer and activist Susan B. Anthony once said, “There never will be complete equality until women themselves help to make laws and elect lawmakers.” We’ve made some progress when it comes to equality, but not without a struggle.
Because there’s still a long road ahead, everyone must come together every day to fight for what’s right. Here’s a gorgeous drink recipe to toast to to those who came before us, because I can’t think of a better reason to raise our glasses.
Toast with a lovely Berry Baby Bellini, a berry-scented and fizzy alcohol-free cocktail. This is a colorful drink that’s both fun and memorable, the perfect concoction for our very special toast.
Berry Baby Bellini Recipe Serves 5, time 5 minutes
- 1 cup assorted berries: blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, or similar
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 bottle of sparkling apple cider, alcohol-free
- 5 flute stemmed glasses or tall glasses
- Add half the berries and sugar into a small bowl or container. Combine with a spoon and muddle until you get a smooth puree.
- Add two teaspoons of berry puree to each glass and fill halfway with sparkling apple cider. Stir gently.
- Add a few whole berries to each glass, top with cider, and serve.
About the author
Franco Salzillo is a food and wine writer, and a certified sommelier with ten years of experience in the hospitality industry. He’s at his best when recommending toasts to our US suffrage activists!